Facts About The Singing Kettle
After more than 30 years of shows all over the UK and abroad, the creators of The Singing Kettle, Cilla Fisher and Artie Trezise called time performing on stage with the company in 2013. They both continue their involvement in backstage creative roles, Cilla continuing to write songs for future productions while Artie is kept busy producing the stage show as well as directing the DVDs and CDs.
- Since opening in 1993, The Singing Kettle Shop in Kingskettle, Fife has been visited by thousands of fans from all over the world each year, as far a field as Australia, Hong Kong, USA and Canada.
- They have played London's major West End Theatre's such as Sadler's Wells, Her Majesty's and The London Palladium.
- Since it began, the Singing Kettle have performed live before an estimated 4 million adults and children, performing over 200 concerts each year!
- Cilla, Artie, Gary & Kevin performed at Barrow-in-Furness in a hanger for the launch of the UK’s biggest submarine in front of 2000 people.
- The Singing Kettle once made a trip to Jordan to give a special performance for the Royal family. A Scots nanny from South Queensferry who was working for the Royal family in Amman arranged the trip to perform at Princess Salma’s birthday party. The gang were made most welcome by King Abdullah and Queen Rania.
- Folkways Records in the USA released a Singing Kettle CD entitled "Singalong Songs from Scotland" and invited the group to play at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival held on the National Mall in front of Washington DC's Capitol Building.
- Royal recognition for Services to Children's Entertainment was given when Cilla, Artie, and Gary, the three original members of the Singing Kettle, were awarded the MBE by The Queen; the only group since the Beatles to be on the honours list.
- The Singing Kettle has won a number of awards including Prince Michael of Kent Award for Road Safety, and a BAFTA for Best Children's TV Programme.
- Their Children's ITV series attracted huge audience figures with over 200,000 families per show watching. The Singing Kettle has also completed five highly successful BBC Television Series.
- The recording of the stage show "Pirates" sailed straight to No. 4 in the UK Children's Video Chart ahead of Hollywood blockbusters. The original BBC Singing Kettle videos have sold over 375,000 copies.
- The appeal to children of the Singing Kettle has been acknowledged by Health authorities, through filing of Dental Care and General Lifestyle issues for children.